Top 4 Exercises to Tone Your Thighs and Butt
Who doesn’t want those killer thighs and bubble butts? If you think they’re not for you because your body shape is “naturally” different, then you’ve misunderstood. With the right workout routine, you too can get killer thighs and bubble butts, that too, in a matter of weeks.
Persistence is key when it comes to tone your body. Keep your workout routine persistent and you’ll tone your thighs and butt in no time! Here are the top 4 exercises that will tone your thighs and butt:
Squats are one of the most effective exercises when it comes to tone your thighs and butt. They’re slightly hard to perform if you’re not used to them, but they’re incredibly beneficial too. There are many different variations of squats out there, each with some variation to target specific parts of your thighs or butt. The variations of squats include jump squats, sumo squats, pulse squats, and goblet squats, among others. However, here, we’ll discuss the standard squat.
To perform a standard squat, follow the instructions below:
- Stand on your feet, opening them about shoulder-length apart.
- Next, bend so that your knees flex and your legs and thighs make an angle of about 90 degrees. Imagine there’s a chair behind you and you want to sit on it. That’s how much you need to bend.
- Now, get back up while pressing your weight on your heels and contracting your gluteal muscles.
- To help balance yourself, you can bring both your hands to the mid so that the palms of both hands touch each other in the midline.
Make sure that your back is straight the whole time while performing squats and your chin and face are facing horizontally ahead. Perform a few repetitions about 4 times a day! The greater the pain, the greater the gain!
These are way easier to perform than squats. To perform a lunge, follow the instructions below:
- Stand with your back straight and hands falling down on each side of the body.
- Next, take one big step forward and bend the knee that’s forward so that it forms an angle of ninety degrees. The knee that’s left behind should also form an angle of about ninety degrees, but it shouldn’t touch the ground.
- Make sure the knee that’s forward is directly above that foot.
- Next, get back up in the same position while putting your weight on your heels.
While performing this exercise, make sure that your back is straight the whole time and that your chin faces horizontally forwards.
To perform this exercise, you need a chair that can bear your weight. Perform step-ups by following the instructions below:
- Stand on the side of a chair, facing it
- Now, bring your left leg up to the chair and then stand on the chair.
- Next, bring your right leg up to hip height by flexing it.
- After that, get back on the ground using your right leg.
Make sure your leg is straight the whole time. Alternate on both legs and repeat this exercise a few times until you can feel the burn in your thighs and butt.
Hip thrusts can be done while lying down so if you’re having a lazy day, you can always perform this exercise to tone your butt and thighs.
To perform hip thrusts, follow the instructions below:
- Lie down on the ground or on an exercising mat with your knees flexed, as shown below.
- Make sure your hands are by your side if you don’t want to carry extra weight. Carrying extra weight is optional and helps increase the strength of your workout.
- Next, raise your lower abdomen and butt to make sure that your body makes a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Keep your shoulders on the ground, though.
- Next, lift your heels off the ground.
Perform a few repetitions of this exercise till you feel the burn in your muscles. Make sure that your shoulders are on the ground the whole time. Perform this exercise without using weights at first and then start using weights after a few days.
Try the exercises above to tone your butt and thighs. All of these are exercises that you can perform at home without using any special equipment! While you’re at it, don’t forget to warm up before starting your exercise!